Welcome to the Muscle Research Center Erlangen!
The Muscle Research Center Erlangen was founded in May 2015 by a group of scientists across the three Faculties of Natural Sciences, Medicine and Engineering with the mission to create a platform for scientific exchange, graduate and post-graduate education in the area of skeletal and heart muscle research.
The Center currently has more than 40 members across 27 institutes from four faculties, and is growing.
The Center is organized into six topic sections covering the following fields in muscle research:
- Muscle Function & Biomechanics
- Neuromuscular Disorders, inherited and acquired Myopathies
- Translational Muscle Therapies
- Muscle Development & Muscle Ageing
- Muscle Training & Doping in Sport
- Research Technologies & Biomedical Engineering
The Center hosts regular interdisciplinary seminars with national and international speakers.